Monday 8 September 2014

Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo Single Bar

I'm very much late to the party with this one. The Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo tablet sized bar has been out for years. I've always thought it looked interesting every time I've passed it in the shops but never got round to buying it as I didn't really want to buy such a big bar.



Luckily, Cadbury have launched it as a single bar now and with a modest intro price of 50p it gave me the perfect excuse to finally get round to trying it.



Opening the pack, it has the lovely, distinct sweet familiar smell of Dairy Milk. The bar looks very attractive with a lovely smooth rounded shape and lots of visible bits of Oreo cocoa goodness studded throughout. There's a faint aroma of Oreo too, making it even more enticing. I like the fact it's six individual pieces that you can snap apart rather than one solid bar like a Wispa or Crunchie. I actually ate only 3 pieces in one sitting then resealed the bar with its recloseable packaging and had the other 3 pieces another day, making this good for portion control too.



Snapping a piece off, the bar is jam packed with filling. Surprisingly, it's a lovely, slightly gooey Oreo cream filled bar with additional pieces of crunchy Oreo biscuit flecked throughout. I was just expecting the bits of biscuit but its the gooey, sweet vanilla cream that really elevates this bar. It's generously packed and has a lovely taste.

I actually prefer good, high quality dark chocolate and am the first to criticise things for being too sweet but I adored the sweetness of this. It isn't sickly, just silky, smooth and indulgent. The strong cocoa flavour and contrasting gritty texture of the biscuit also tempers it. The whole thing was lovely and moreish. The cookie and cream flavour works so well and I would definitely buy this again.

Score: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment