Tuesday 21 October 2014

New Covent Garden Pumpkin Ghoulash Soup

I've been disappointed by New Covent Garden Soup in the past but this seasonal limited edition was interesting enough to bring me back. I absolutely adore pumpkin and I'm pretty obsessed by it at the moment. Those beautiful orange fleshy squashes just sum up Autumn and October for me. Warm and rich in colour with a soft, comforting taste that just seems perfect as the cold weather comes in.



With lots of Starbucks pumpkin spiced lattes being drunk, I'm on the look out for anything else to feed my yearly pumpkin craving. Previously, I tried the Collective Dairy Spiced Pumpkin Yoghurt - a delicious, sweet, fruity yoghurt with lovely spicing. Spotting this soup in Sainsburys, it made a great lunch for what has been a very wet day.

With peppers, onions, carrots, cabbage and tomatoes, as well as the pumpkin, half a carton counts towards your five a day and is only 87 calories making this a nice light lunch that does you some good. Visibily, it looks so autumnal with lovely warming colours. I found myself getting warmer just looking at it and the paprika and cayenne pepper give it a lovely aroma.



I had this with some nice crusty, freshly baked walnut bread and it was just lovely. With a slight spice, it's got lots of flavour and the vegetable mix is so comforting - you just feel yourself getting nourishment with every slurp.

I think I've found something else to feed my pumpkin glut and will be feasting on this limited edition whilst it's around.

No comments:

Post a Comment