Sunday 10 April 2016

Graze Punchy Protein Nuts Review

I used to buy Graze boxes a lot in the past but have since stopped partly due to the cost of them but also because it's becoming easier and easier to find healthy new snacks in the shops without having to rely on an online subscription.



Last year Graze launched some of their boxes into Sainsburys, Boots and Whsmiths and they seem to be getting more listings and I believe they're in Tesco as well. I still love the brand and think what they do is really good so I was delighted to be able to get a pack of these punchy protein nuts as part of the Boots meal deal - they used to be excluded but you can now select them as a snack.



I, like many others I'm sure, am trying to get more protein into my diet and what can be better than nuts which also have many other health benefits and vitamins and are a source of good fats. Whilst I'm happy to eat plain nuts as a topping on my porridge or cereal, they are a little bit boring on their own, which is where Graze comes into hand.

This box, like the rest of the range, is attractively designed and a nice convenient single serve portion that is easy to carry around for an energy boost whenever you need it. This is a mix of almonds, salted peanuts and chilli and lime cashews for a slightly more interesting mix.

I do find you get what you pay for nuts and that bulk buying cheap ones means you get hard, rancid ones. Graze usually deliver on quality and these are up to their usual standard. Flavoursome almonds and deliciously moreish salted peanuts that are subtly salted rather being too salty. The real hit though was the chilli and lime cashews - utterly delicious, zingy with a very mild heat but certainly not spicy. I could have a punnet of these just by themselves but it was to have the mix of tastes, textures and also the different vitamins from the different nuts.



Nutritionally it's a really good snack with 8g protein per punnet, low sugars and 0.35g salt. The portion size is just right - not meagre or skimping but also not too many. This was rally satisfying but I also didn't feel like I'd eaten too much and kept me going until I next ate.

Bought at: Boots
Price: £1.29

Nutritions per punnet: 246 calories, 20g fat, 2.8g sat fat, 2g salt, 0.35g salt

Score: 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment