Saturday 7 May 2016

Bounce Almond Protein Hit Ball Review

I realise I'm pretty late to the bounceball craze. I'm pretty into my health and fitness so see a lot of them appearing on instagram and in theory they're a great match for me. No refined sugar, high in protein, a good energy hit after exercise and raw. I buy so many other snack bars from the likes of Nakd, 9bar, Meridian, Rude Health etc that I should have tried one ages ago.



What has always put me off is partly the price (but most of the health bar brands I buy are pretty pricey anyway but mostly they just look so small and compact. I hate small snacks because you end up eating them so quickly and even if they are actually filling you feel unsatisfied.

Bounce have loads of different flavours but I went for almond as I adore anything almond related whether it be almond milk or almond butter all the way to marzipan. Opening it up it smelt invitingly almondy and whilst it was as small and compact as I feared, you could see the high levels of almond dotted around. It smelt very good.



I went to a break a bit off in a bid to make the snack last longer but to my surprise it didn't tear and I actually couldn't break a bit off. It is extremely dense and compact and thick and solid. Instead I went to take a nibble off and again as I was chewing it in my mouth found extremely dense and chewy and took ages to finish chewing a small bite.

For me this was brilliant and was a real revelation. Even though the snack is small, it lasts ages because it takes so long to eat and is extremely satisfying for it. The taste was utterly lovely, really clean tasting and extremely almondy with a thick, fudgey nuttiness. It felt very natural and healthy and was perfect after a good hour long run this morning.



The ball is over 200 calories so a great energy refuel after exercise and packs in 12g of protein so it kept me feeling full afterwards with slow release energy. It's also gluten free. With the high almond content it is also high in vitamin E which contributes to the protection of cells from ocidative stress.

I cannot believe I've waited this long to eat a bounce ball. I absolutely loved it. As they say it's 'satisfying, nutritious. Delicious'. Couldn't put it better myself.

Price: £1.99
Bought at: Holland and Barrett
Nutrition per 49g ball - 216 calories, 9g fat, 0.8g sat fat, 11g sugars, 12g protein, 0.32g salt

No comments:

Post a Comment