Saturday 21 May 2016

Cuckoo Bircher Muesli - Mango and Coconut with a twist of Ginger and Lime Review

Bircher muesli is a regular summer breakfast for me - lovely creamy oats, soaked usually in almond r coconut milk and topped with seeds, nuts and fruit - it's a lovely refreshing way to start a hot day  -like a summer version of porridge.



I also enjoy ready made pots of bircher muesli although I tend to eat them as a snack/ yogurt substitute as these little pots would be nowhere near enough to fuel my day. I've always been a fan of the Moma muesli, which are really fresh tasting and creamy and make a great healthy dessert. I saw this bircher muesli on Ocado and had to try it due to the really unsual and exotic combination of mango, coconut, ginger and lime. I absolutely love all these on trend flavours and it sounded so summery and vibrant - a really interesting change to the usual berry or apple bircher mueslis I've had.



The packaging is loud, colourful and vibrant and just made me feel uplifted looking at it. It's a pretty nutritious little pot of yogurt, oats and linseeds with no refined sugars - just naturally sweetened from apple juice, some fruit extracts and the mango and lime.



Opening it up, the texture looked nice and thick and I loved just how many linseeds I could see dotted throughout. Again, this is a bit different to other bircher mueslis I've had which are solely oats. There were lots of juicy pieces of mango and the pot smelt so fragrant - I could detect the lime, ginger and coconut.



My first mouthful and I was taken away to the tropics. It was just delicious - the prominant flavour is sweet, juicy mango with a bit of a hit of coconut but in the aftertaste there are little bursts of zingy lime and a little spicy heat from ginger. For once a product that delivers every flavour it says! Every mouthful had a lovely mash up of all the tropical flavours and the texture was divine too - nice and thick and creamy and the linseeds and oats added lots of texture.

At 228 calories a pot, this would never be a breakfast for me but makes a brilliant snack - it's so much more interesting than a yoghurt and the flavour combination is just fantastic.

Price: £1.50
Bought at:Ocado
Nutrition per pot: 228 calories, 6.8g fat, 3.3g sat fat, 15.3g sugars, 6.9 protein

Score: 8.5/10

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually kill fat by eating Coconut Fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete