Tuesday 24 May 2016

Good Stuff Super Seaweed Peanuts Review (Holland and Barrett)

Sad as it sounds, a trip to splurge on unncessary things in Holland and Barrett is one of my favourite things and a real guilty pleasure. I had some vouchers that needed spending so popped along to gather lots of healthy little nibbles and unusual and exciting on trend ingredients. One of the many purchases (I always go overboard in H+B) was these seaweed peanuts.



They're described as 'a delicious savoury snack with whole peanuts coated in a crispy seaweed coating' and looked appetising through the clear part of the bag with lots of different colours and textures going on. I also love the new look of the bags in H+B - so colourful and bright looking. They make me happy just looking at them on the desk.

What was nice when I poured these out was that they were all intact - no broken bits and all a good size. They had an excellent crunchy texture - though some might find them a bit too hard and a good savoury flavour - a nice hit of salt but not overly so in anyway with lots of umami and savoury flavour. The slightly sweet and savoury coating is a great mix of spices - Chilli, Coriander, Fennel, Aniseed and of course soy sauce. No one comes out strongly but they all work together to make these rather moreish although I wouldn't easily identify a seaweed flavour. My favourites were the ones with sesame seeds on the outside for their extra crunch, sesame flavour and mix of textures.



Funnily they feel both light and substantial - I guess as nuts, there's some protein in the peanuts but with a good crunchy outside , they don't feel too heavy either. My little 75g provided two portions and kept me going mid morning until lunch on each day I had them. Overall a good savoury snack, that's a little different to crisps or crackers but my one criticism is the sugar - at 18% this is getting into the levels of digestive biscuits and I would expect H+B as a health retailer to be cutting back on this.

Price: £1.49
Bought at: Holland and Barrett
Nutrition per bag (though I got two servings from it): 344 calories, 13.9g fat, 2.9g sat fat, 13g sugars, 10g protein, 0.8g salt

Score: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment