Sunday 5 February 2017

Ryvita Thins Caramelised Onion Flatbreads

Ryvita Thins are something that is always a staple in my household. Ever since they first came out, I've just found them such a handy store cupboard snack - I can use them in lunch, they make an instant snack with hummus and dips and I even enjoy eating them on their own. There has never been one in the range I haven't enjoyed so when I saw they released a caramelised onion flavour, it was a no brainer.



They are essentially the same as all other Ryvita Thins - wheat and rye flatbreads that are super thin with a nice crunch, this time with the addition of toasted onion, nigella seeds and sugar. How odd for a company nowadays to call out sugar - but these aren't high in sugar with 0.5g per bite. Each one is also 27 calories and they are low fat. These Ryvita Thins are also accidentally vegan as well.



Opening my pack it was a rare nice surprise to see every single thin in the whole pack was intact as I usually find these are one of the worst products to get snapped and broken before you open them - not that this spoils their taste and I tend to break them up when I use them anyway.



I had them on their own just to get the taste and indeed there is a pleasant slightly sweet caramelised onion flavour. It's flavourful and impactful when you're eating them plain but also fades away when dipped in things as well they don't overpower whatever you top them with making them very versatile. I quite like the idea of dipping them in a fondue as per the suggestion on the front of pack.

It's another tasty addition to the range - I wouldn't say it was better or worse than any of the other Ryvita Thins out there, just another delicious one to add to the collection if you like them.

Price: £1.90
Bought at: Sainsburys
Nutrition per flatbread: 27 calories, 0.4g fat, 0.1g sat fat, 0.5g sugars, 0.05g salt

Score: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment